Re: Server and Web Publishing on port 80

  • From: Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:43:46 -0700

FWIW, I have seen the opposite happen.  I used server publishing (rather
than web publishing) to publish a site, but forgot to turn off the web
listener, and the error was that the web listener could not initialize
because the port was already in use... Obviously it will cause contention,
but the web listener does not always win (in my experience, anyway).

AD