Server Selection for ISA 2000 Enterprise

  • From: "Miles Kailburn" <miles_kailburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:30:26 -0700

Hey, I purchased 2 cpu copies of ISA 2k enterprise.  I was planning on
running the firewall on a stoked dell tower.  However due to the
proprietary bios im having other issues with it.  I am forced to either
use 1-2 of my older servers or hold out until i can purchase a new server
in august.  We are a school with about 400 machines and a T1.  I was
thinking about using two dual-200Mhz machines in the array.  these
machines are hp servers with about 50GB of SCSI storage on them.  Roughly
1/2GB of RAM.  Or I can hold out until the near end of summer for a new
server.  Id like to have this up and going and then at the end of the
summer add the new server into the array and remove the 2 old servers.
would this work nicely? I would really appreciate any hints, tips,
websites.  This is my first firewall installation so any stories or words
of wisdom would be well regarded.  thanks!

Miles