[isalist] Re: SSL-tunnel - Failed Connection Attempt

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 08:07:09 -0400

Dave,

The message you are describing is coming from the site itself, not from
ISA. ISA can't display a page that Acer doesn't ask it to. You
definitely have it cached someplace.

Amy

I click the "ShopAcer" link and get a new browser with the following:

The Site is currently down. Please try again soon. Acer SYSOP.

When I go to https://www.apec.acer.com.au/ and log in using my normal
u/p etc I get the following:

The Site is currently down. Please try again soon. Acer SYSOP.

When I go to http://www.service.acer.com.au/aarc and log in using my
normal u/p etc I get the following:

The Site is currently down. Please try again soon. Acer SYSOP.

At the same time, I can go to
https://toolbox.iinet.net.au/cgi-bin/volumegraphs.cgi and log in using
my normal u/p and it works.

I can also access Internet banking sites and other sites that use login
credentials.

I have rebooted the server and it made no difference.

My network is like this:

 - Internet via ADSL to a LinkSYS router (NAT router)
 - an 'external' network that I use to plug in computers I'm repairing
in my workshop
 - ISA/SBS with SBS having dual NIC's into an 'internal' network where
my business workstations live

If I plug a PC into the 'external' network the above things work
normally.

I've tried talking to the folks at Acer and they claim there's no
problems at their end.  Given that I also have no problems when outside
ISA I tend to accept this.

Access to Acer's various sites is pretty much business-critical so I'm
really getting hassled by staff here.  I really don't want to move
workstations on to the 'external' network so I'm trying to understand
what is going on.

I ran a query in ISA while running the above tests and aside from seeing
SSL-tunnel failing to connect I didn't see any denied connections or
errors showing.  My filter was basically for a log record type of
firewall or web proxy filter with a client IP of the workstation I'm
doing the testing on.  I've tested using both IE (v6) and Firefox.  I'm
satisfied that the workstation I'm testing on is working normally but
have also tested with similar results on two other workstations.

Hope that offers a little more information...

David

http://www.exchangedefender.com/verify.asp?id=l4MBxKhe007624&from=amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx