SMTP Relay Problem

  • From: "Toby Yeager" <tobyyeager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA Server List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:04:36 -0500

Hello all,

  I am having a strange SMTP problem.  I have ISA running in integrated mode
and my servers are all SNAT clients.  What is happening is this.  I have a
Netware 4.11 server on the internal network that is running Mercury for
email services.  When users try to send email outside of the state domain
(k12.ar.us) it gives a relaying error.  I have been informed that the mail
is coming from the wrong IP.  I have several IPs bound to the external NIC
of ISA for email and web and such.  I used mail publishing to set up the
mail server on ISA and pointed it at the IP for that mail domain.  Why does
it use the default ISA IP instead?

TIA,
Toby Yeager
Pottsville School District