Re: SMTP Filter - HELP! (NOT config help)

  • From: "Luboš Kovář" <lkova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:14:11 +0200

Try Freeware EMWAC Internet Mail Services for Windows NT:
http://www1.sica.com/IMS/

LK

>>> brstephe@xxxxxxxxx 10-4-03 2:28:01 >>>
http://www.ISAserver.org

Greetings -

I need a solution to stop spam from clogging users inboxes.  I have
two
thoughts on this related to ISA and the SMTP filter and wondered if
anyone
would be willing to provide some feedback/suggestions/comments/etc.

1. Is anyone running some mailserver on their ISA box to forward to
internal domains other than MS's SMTP server from IIS?  Since many
mailservers support the use of external files for filtering keywords
and
addresses, I wondered if anyone had tried this solution.

2. Option would be to develop an import/export app for the SMTP filter
that would allow users to import blacklist files into the filter
config.
I might be willing to take a crack at this, would anyone be willing to
share the known registry keys related to the SMTP filter, where it
holds
its config, and the reg key size limits that you've encountered.

Thanks -
Brian