[isalist] SMTP Connection Closed

  • From: "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:06:59 -0500

Amy:
DNS seems to be working (mail.networkblade.com resolves to the correct
IP), "I" am not blacklisting and I don't know how to Grey list.

The ISP (cable company) is always suspect of everything else.

Joseph Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP
Network Blade Inc.
49 Marcy Street
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-213-0600
________________________________

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Thor (Hammer of God)
Posted At: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:40 PM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: [isalist] SMTP Connection Closed
Subject: [isalist] Re: SMTP Connection Closed

Just to make sure we're saying the same thing.. Not filtering via
Exchange and 3rd party- the ISA SMTP filter.  You disabled that?

On 1/18/07 3:30 PM, "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:
Thor - thanks but I've turned off ALL filtering via Exchange and 3rd
party software.

I've tried connecting (via telnet) from multiple locations (ISP) and
from Exchange 2003 and SBS 2003. Some work and Some don't. When watching
the ISA real-time logs, the connection is initiated then 5 seconds later
it is then closed by the Exchange publishing rule.

A 12-pack for the one who gets this one!

<and this is on my own server/network>

Joseph Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP
Network Blade Inc.
49 Marcy Street
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-213-0600
www.networkblade.com <http://www.networkblade.com/>
<http://www.networkblade.com/>

<https://harbor.bounceme.net/Exchange/amy/Drafts/RE:%20%5bisalist%5d%20S
MTP%20Connection%20Closed.EML/1_multipart/image003.jpg>
<https://harbor.bounceme.net/Exchange/amy/Drafts/RE:%20%5bisalist%5d%20S
MTP%20Connection%20Closed.EML/1_multipart/image004.jpg>
________________________________

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
<mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx%5d>  On Behalf Of Thor (Hammer of
God)
Posted At: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:22 PM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: [isalist] SMTP Connection Closed

Check your SMTP filter settings for command lengths... NOOP has been
problematic before at its default of 6 - I changed mine to 20 after
sniffing traffic and determining some older Exchange boxes were padding
NOOP with spaces..

On 1/18/07 1:46 PM, "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:
Hope someone can help!

I think this is an ISA 2004 (patched) issue.

From some clients I can send/receive email just fine (and telnet port
25). But from other clients I can not. I monitored the ISA logs and
observed the connection initiated then being closed.

From Exchange 2003 box I shut of IMF and GFI services - still not luck
receiving email or telnet'ing from a particular client.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully