[isalist] Re: SBS ISA 2004 and Outlook over http/rpc

  • From: Steve Moffat <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:31:19 -0300

Use the wizard...

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of William Holmes
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 2:02 PM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] SBS ISA 2004 and Outlook over http/rpc

Hello,

I have a Small Business Server 2003 with ISA 2004. I would like to be able to
use RPC over https. However when I add a rule to publish the RPC Proxy on my
SBS server it caused my OWA to stop working and returns the Error Code: 500
Internal Server Error. The target principal name is incorrect.

The publishing rule was separate from the OWA rule. Removing the RCP rule
restored OWA's functionality. I set the RPC publishing rule up according to:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2004/plan/exchage2003.mspx

In the section: Using ISA Server with Exchange Server 2003 Walk-through
Procedure To Configure RPC over HTTP for Outlook 2003

My Setup is as follows.

1.  I have two web listeners: One for http, and another for https. The https
listener is configured with Verisign certificate.

2.  The IIS server is configured with a certificate issued by my own CA. The
principal name for this certificate matches the fully qualified domain name of
the internal interface on the SBS server.

OWA works fine so long as I don't attempt to publish the rpc proxy.

Could anyone point me to a the proper way to set this up?

Thanks

Bill