Routing, DNS and ISA

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:01:58 -0700

Hello,

I have a Cisco 776M ISDN router with only allows PORT ADDRESS
TRANSLATION.  The router is also a four port hub.  I'm only using one of
those at this time.
The router also takes care of the dial up to my isp so all I really have
to do is connect to one of the ports.

Should I run an uplink  cable into a switch that contains a cable going
into my ISA server and another cable connecting my DNS server?
If so, what is the best way to publish the DNS server so that ISA will
point to internal sites?

My ISA machine has two nic's one external and the other internal.

Thanks,

Joseph