RE: Remote assistance

  • From: "Deus, Attonbitus" <Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:14:31 -0700

At 08:58 AM 7/2/2003, you wrote:

Remote Desktop, while using RDP, is a network logon session just like
regular TS. RD is only available in Pro, and only allows one user to be
logged onto the computer at a time.

Remote Assistance, while using RDP, is a active console session allowing to
see/use the desktop being used.

Remote Assistance uses the credentials of the HelpAssistant Local user
(Which is given temporary permission via the RA invitation I think) while
Remote Desktop uses the credentials of the user logging in.

Yep- I was basically outlining the communication method as being the same... I get into much more detail in an article I wrote a little over a year ago for those interested in a more descriptive comparison of the two.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1588