RE: Remote assistance

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:37:47 -0500

Hi Tim,

Thanks! I haven't tested that feature through the ISA firewall. I guess
the most common scenario would be the "helper" is behind ISA and the
"helpee" is behind some sort of NAT device NOS (not otherwise
specified). In that type of scenario, the helpee would need to map 3389
to his internal address. Now, the big question is if the authentication
mechanism used by remote assistance works in this scenario.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder