Redirection to internal URL not working

  • From: Mike Anderson <manderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:02:51 -0700

I have the following setup:
ISA server standard edititon with the HTTP Redirector
Filter set at "Send to requested Web server".  I have a
Site and Content Rule set to deny internet access (all
external destinations) to a group of users.  The Action
is set to Deny and redirect to a web site on my internal
web server (
The domain is listed in the LDT.
When I ping on a machine on my
network, it comes back with the internal address of my
IIS server ( which is in the LAT.
My problem is that the redirection does not occur.  If I
type in any address other than my own domain, the browser
comes up with a "Page cannot be desplayed error".  At the
bottom of the error page is "Cannot find server or DNS
error".  If I manually type in the above address
(, I get the
page I created just fine.
Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get my ACCESS
DENIED page to work?
Thanks in Advance.
Michael Anderson, MCSE
Network Administrator