RE: RPC over HTTP problems

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:57:17 -0500

A1 - I have checked the rpc server internally to make sure it works ie.
https://192.168.1.4/rpc logged in and got the message which Microsoft
says you should get if RPC is working. I have tried the outlook /rpcdiag
option and only say "directory and exchange.smoothrunnings.ca"
connecting and then both connections disappear and the error message
from Outlook appears on the screen.

I have looked through the form that Tom setup for the RPC over HTTP
thing:
http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002315;p=
2 were he mentions "PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE DNS DISCUSSION. THAT
IS THE KEY" but fails to provide the actual link, I have been searching
the past 30 min looking at various messages in the forums and haven't
come across it. I am not ruling out that this split DNS could provide
the fix. Also Jim if you look through the forum (above link) you will
see a few people have experienced the same thing I am going through, but
they have given up.

A2 -

Server name: exchange.smoothrunnings.ca
Cache is turned off
User name: gsu (don't worry it's a test account) (pass: genesu2000)
Exchange Proxy Settings:
https://owa.smoothrunnings.ca
Mutually: msstd:owa.smoothrunnings.ca
Both boxes below (Fast and Slow) are checked, and Authentication is set
to Basic.

I have setup the host file a couple different ways:

69.157.202.158  owa.smoothrunnings.ca
69.157.202.158  exchange.smoothrunnings.ca

I have tried it changing the IP's to 10.10.10.2 and removing the
owa.smoothrunnings.ca since my domain name already resolves it on the
internet.

Andrew