RES: RE: PPPoE Dialer automation

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:00:30 -0300

Thomas,

Here in my area we have this problem:

If you want to get a real DSL, you have to hire another service from the same
company. However, the real DSL's operate in PPPoA. That means: PPPoA MUXes must
be available in your region. Since the demand for these babies are too high,
sometimes the wait line is over 2 months... Not to mention the cost. Almost
four times more expensive than PPPoE DSL's. Advantages: you don't have to dial
and you can get an static IP address, too.

Residential DSL's used to be PPPoA as well, but as the demand kept growing,
they were forced to migrate the PPPoA MUXes for the business folks and put some
PPPoE MUXes for the folks at home.

So what did I think? Teach my branch office folks how do dial it and we save
huge bucks =) There's no need to have a static IP address at the branch office
considering that RRAS trick...

Well, guess this is it. If I find something about it, I'll share it!

Tiago de Aviz
IT Consultant
MCP-CNA-AIX-CCNA-CCDA
www.softsell.com.br