RE: Question regarding ISA 2004 and bypassing HTTP proxy for selected hosts

Hi Milan,

Yes, it is possible, using Direct Access for selected sites. However, Direct 
Access isn't a per use setting, but it doesn't look like you need Direct Access 
on a per user setting, so all is well.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Milan Göllner" [mailto:milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 2:12 AM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Question regarding ISA 2004 and 
> bypassing HTTP proxy for selected hosts
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Due to the lack of answers I take it there is no way to 
> accompish this in ISA? 
> 
> 
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> kind regards, 
> 
> Milan Göllner
> Computer Services & Informationssysteme
> CAE Elektronik GmbH 
> Military Simulation & Training 
> 52220 Stolberg, Germany 
> -- 
> Tel: +49 (2402) 106 691  
> eMail: milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Milan Göllner [mailto:milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:54 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Question regarding ISA 2004 and 
> bypassing HTTP proxy for selected hosts
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Well, we have some applications which seem to be having 
> problems when they have to work through ISA's proxy. 
> Obviously the correct solution would be to apply pressure on 
> the vendors to fix their software but since this is missing 
> critical stuff I'd like to explore other alternatives as 
> well. Most of this software runs on AS400 and we are somewhat 
> stressed for alternative suppliers, mainly because of long 
> time and long term relationships with those vendors. 
> 
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> kind regards, 
> 
> Milan Göllner
> Computer Services & Informationssysteme
> CAE Elektronik GmbH 
> Military Simulation & Training 
> 52220 Stolberg, Germany 
> -- 
> Tel: +49 (2402) 106 691  
> eMail: milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:38 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Question regarding ISA 2004 and 
> bypassing HTTP proxy for selected hosts
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Why?
> 
> Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
> Site: www.isaserver.org
> Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
> Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
> MVP -- ISA Firewalls
> 
>  
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: "Milan Göllner" [mailto:milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> > Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:40 AM
> > To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> > Subject: [isalist] Question regarding ISA 2004 and bypassing 
> > HTTP proxy for selected hosts
> > 
> > http://www.ISAserver.org
> > 
> > Hello List,
> > 
> > I have been looking into this a little and all I can find are 
> > ways to disable HTTP proxying altogether. 
> > 
> > I need a way to bypass ISA 2004 HTTP proxy (or any other 
> > proxy for that matter) for specific hosts (or users, 
> > preferably hosts) only. I take it that HTTP proxying is 
> > always enabled by default and that Access Rules merely tell 
> > ISA which sites are actually accessable via its proxy? 
> > How do I configure ISA to completely bypass its proxy for 
> > specific hosts or types of traffic? I know from other 
> > firewall products, such as Symantec, that they have 
> > mechanisms like kernel routing which allows me to intercept 
> > traffic before it reaches the proxies and which then allows 
> > me to bypass said proxies. 
> > 
> > Can ISA do this as well?
> > 
> > Thanks for reading.
> > 
> > Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> > kind regards, 
> > 
> > Milan Göllner
> > Computer Services & Informationssysteme
> > CAE Elektronik GmbH 
> > Military Simulation & Training 
> > 52220 Stolberg, Germany 
> > -- 
> > Tel: +49 (2402) 106 691  
> > eMail: milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > 
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> > ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> > http://www.techgenix.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion 
> > List as: tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To unsubscribe visit 
> > http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > 
> > 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion 
> List as: milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion 
> List as: milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion 
> List as: tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 


Other related posts: