Question regarding ISA 2004 and bypassing HTTP proxy for selected hosts

  • From: Milan Göllner <milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:40:11 +0200

Hello List,

I have been looking into this a little and all I can find are ways to disable
HTTP proxying altogether.

I need a way to bypass ISA 2004 HTTP proxy (or any other proxy for that matter)
for specific hosts (or users, preferably hosts) only. I take it that HTTP
proxying is always enabled by default and that Access Rules merely tell ISA
which sites are actually accessable via its proxy?
How do I configure ISA to completely bypass its proxy for specific hosts or
types of traffic? I know from other firewall products, such as Symantec, that
they have mechanisms like kernel routing which allows me to intercept traffic
before it reaches the proxies and which then allows me to bypass said proxies.

Can ISA do this as well?

Thanks for reading.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
kind regards,