Re: Question...

  • From: "Bull" <bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:16:53 +0200

thx Dar... but I've done that part and
it doesn't seem to do anything... :(

Vasilis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dar Scott [mailto:dsc@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:05 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Re: Question...

http://www.ISAserver.org

At 11:17 PM +0200 12/13/01, Bull wrote:
>I'm having trouble blocking ports on my ISA server...
>I try to block for example Netbios and still when I scan the IP from
>outside it does respond to the ports that i have just blocked....

I'm a newbie, too.  But, I got this part to work.

The first defense at external interfaces is packet filtering.  Enable
packet filtering and set up any filters you need to allow traffic.

To enable packet filtering open any MMC console with ISA, expand
Access Policy under the server, right click IP Packet Filters and
select Properties.  Check Enable packet filtering.

Look at your Packet Filters and make sure it makes sense.

You don't need to add filters for your enabled protocols.  However
you will need them from applications and services on your server if
any.  Also, you will need them to pass IP other than TCP or UDP (such
as ICMP, like ping, and GRE).

Remember, I'm a newbie, too, so take this as a clue.

Dar Scott

$subst('Email.Unsub')