Publishing multiple SMTP servers on ISA 2004

  • From: "Rob Moore" <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:39:39 -0400

I'm getting ready to publish a couple of SMTP servers on one ISA 2004
firewall. One is a listserv and one is Exchange. Each is run by a
different admin and each admin is concerned about the other server
interfering with his box. The main concern is spam. Specifically, if our
listserver gets flagged as a source of spam (it shouldn't, as we only
intend to use it for lists of voluntary subscribers, but you know how
these things go), will that flag affect our Exchange server? To be more
specific, will the mail from each server appear to come from the same
address, or will it come from different external addresses? (Each SMTP
server will be published on a different external IP address. On an older
firewall that we have, SMTP traffic would appear to come from the IP
address the server receives mail on.)

Thanks,
Rob
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Moore
Network Manager
American Friends Service Committee
1501 Cherry St.
Philadelphia, PA  19102
RMoore@xxxxxxxx
Phone: 215-241-7870
Fax: 215-241-7204

Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising every time we
fall.
                       --Confucius