[isalist] Re: Publishing in ISA2006

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:44:12 -0500

How can I do that if you can only have one listener per IP & port?  If I
create an SSL-Only listener that uses port 443, and one that uses both
port 80 and 443, it won't allow me to use both of them because they
overlap.  I'd have to move one to an alternate IP or port to use both.

Also, if I create one listener for SSL, and one for HTTP, then I won't
be able to use my main website because the address is the same.  It's
not a matter of being able to separate one segment of the website as
"authenticated" and one as "public" and use different rules for each.
You browse the website, then if you want to log in you click on the
login button, which prompts you for your domain info.  Once that
information is validated, you go right back to the same website only now
you have more menu items showing.

The reason I'm asking all this is because I am seriously wondering if it
is a configuration issue or a corrupted install of the ISA server (I
used the same CD on both installs).  I spent many-many hours on this
yesterday and last night trying every possible combination I could think
of to get this thing working (makes it much simpler with a test server)
and have had absolutely no success.  I've reset the entire ISA server
with a different template, and followed every tutorial I could find, and
keep ending up in the same place over and over and over and over again.
The "only" way I've found that works is to use the redirect to SSL
option in the web listener.  Then, the anonymous browsing and
authentication work, but some things (webcams, embedded video) don't
work anymore (secure & non-secure items error).

Or, do you think this is more of an issue for PSS?