RE: Publish Internal Servers

  • From: "Shayne Lebrun" <slebrun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:40:31 -0400

No, because your average TCP/IP protocol identifies what it's trying to
do by port, and uses no other qualifier.

HTTP is a counter example, which identifies in it's headers what server
it's actually trying to get to, but even that doesn't allow for port
sharing; you run one daemon on port 80 that does traffic duty based on
the HTTP headers, as opposed to running multiple HTTP servers.