Proxy Chain Error

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:33:42 -0700

Hello,

I've only noticed one reference on the message boards, with no reply's
that deal with Proxy Chain Error 12206. Therefore, I did not find an
answer

So, far I just have my external ISA going to the DMZ in place with out
round robin or additional ISA servers.  I can access the web and other
machines in the DMZ with out fail.  However when people try and access
the web site from external sources they get the Proxy Chain Error 12206.

I have destination sets established for all the internal sites I wish to
publish and have created web publishing rules for each of those.

I noticed that search engines are allowed to use the GET function to
retrieve the robots.txt file but when access to an actual web site as in
default.asp the error appears.

I have the external ISA interface mapped to the DMZ DNS machine and
in-turn the DMZ DNS server has the external FQDN pointing to DMZ private
addresses.
Once fully established this will be a back to back setup. I'm just
working on getting the DMZ part established first.

What are some possible causes of this error?

Thank you,

Joseph