RE: Protocol question

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 01:04:05 -0700

I don't bleeping believe it. Or maybe I should.

A confounded on-line game.

Andrew, do you feel a little bit guilty since you did not state until many
posts later that it was an on-line game you were trying to get to work?

On-line games and firewalls are almost mutually exclusive.

If you insist on running on-line games, you will be a whole lot better off
with a cheapy Linksys, or if it makes you feel good you can use a Sonicwall
in standard mode. Of course then you would have to pony up for at least 5
static public IP addresses.

John T
eServices For You