Problems convince my sales staff to recomend ISA

  • From: "Bj�rnar Stensrud" <bjornar.stensrud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 00:19:10 -0700

Hi all!
Due to both prize and the fact that Microsoft isn't a synonym with
security for most people, I have some problems convince our sales staff to
recommend ISA.

- With ISA you need a server to at least $1500 + W2K ($1000) and the ISA
server ($600)

- integrated units like PIX and so on, is sold for $500 +.
- Checkpoint is still expensive, but is close to what we need to pay for
ISA.

Because of this, small customers, will then like to have an integrated
unit to $1000 or less, while the large customers have there doubts using
Microsoft as Firewall.(they need to face there bosses and other with there
choices)

I know ISA has Caching, firewall, bandwith controll, content filtering and
so on, but small customers don't need it, and large customers don't like
to put all the eggs in one basket.

Personaly, I believe in ISA - but I have serious problems convince
customers and sellers that this is the one....    please help.....

Thanks
Bjørnar