RE: Pop UP Ads

  • From: "Frederic Giroux" <fgiroux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:33:07 -0400

Steve Moffat said...

the problem is, in my experience anyhow, that any sites that are blocked appear
in the lists somewhere, if not the whole address then part of it.

eg. *navigator.com would block everything ending in navigator.com, the fix I am
afraid, is to load the xml file into excel 2003 and edit it to your prefs.

If you set redirection up to point to a page that describes the deny set then
at least you have the starting point of which site to look at.

I did that with the same result.  Here is an example of a site that cannot be
reached after the policies were implemented:  www.noirdesir.org

Try to access it and it will most probably be denied.  I even tried to find
substrings of it such as "noir" or "desir" without match in any of the
destination sets.  Anyway, with "*.sitename.com", ISA shouldn't even look at
substrings.

Fred

  _____