[isalist] Re: PolyCom units behind ISA2006

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:00:52 -0500

I think I have it working now, it connects with the test sites at
PolyCom.  I'll have to test it out a bit more with an actual unit to
find out for sure.

I had to refine the rules a little from the forum posting to work with
ISA2006, but it was basically the same:

- Give the PolyCom unit a static IP (or reserved IP).

- Create a new "Non-Web Server Protocol Publishing Rule".

      - Give it a name.

      - Enter the IP of the PolyCom Unit.

      - Create a new Protocol Definition

            - Define Port 1720, TCP, Inbound

            - Define Ports 3230-3237, TCP, Inbound

            - Define Ports 3230-3237, UDP, Receive

      - Listen for requests on the External network.

      - Click Finish.

sure the settings are correct and that "requests appear to come from the
original client".

- Create an allow ALL outbound protocols rule for that device.

FYI:  You can download a software version from the www.polycom.com
website (PVX version) that is almost identical to the hardware units as
far as protocols go.  If you don't register it, you're limited to
five-minute phone calls, but it is good enough for testing.