RE: Please help me open Port 76 ISA

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:13:25 -0600

Hi Julian,

ISA2000 does not have an open port button, but I've submitted a request
for it in ISA2004. However, Jim Harrison is trying to block my efforts.
Hopefully HR at Microsoft will help him realize that this is what
customers ask for everyday and almost all tech support personnel expect
a firewall to have an Open Port button. Microsoft must do something
about getting open an port button or they will be at a serious

I know they can do it now, because the US Patent Office turned down my
application for the Open Port button, because Intel has one (although I
believe this is a hardware port, but the guys in the US Patent Office
ain't Einsteins [cf. biography of A. Einstein]).

Anyhow, if this is an outbound access issue, you can create a Protocol
Definition for either TCP or UDP port 79, and then create a Protocol
Rule that allows outbound access.

Thomas W Shinder
ISA 2004 Beta - Get it now!
ISA Server and Beyond: