RE: Please help!

  • From: "Barbara Causey" <causeyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:25:35 -0400

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me. We are a public library and we are
going on a statewide filtering program using SmartFilter. The person in charge
of this in Atlanta can not get this to work with ISA because it filters by IP
address and there is only one public IP address on ISA and we do not want all
of our computers filtered, just the ones the public uses. So we thought we had
figured out how to do it by just making the public computers public IP
addresses since there is not anything crucial on these computers anyway, but I
get DNS errors even though I give them public DNS numbers.

They really need to be on our domain because a lot of the programs on these
computers are mapped to one of our servers on the internal network. Hopefully
this makes more sense. :-)