Please help?

  • From: danny.awosanya@xxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 08:27:52 -0600

I have a Win2k advanced server with one internal and external configured
NIC cards. This server also run external DNS services, ISA server and SMTP
relay services.

I have tremendously gained a great deal of know-how setting my network
from isaserver.org setting up this box but I have also been facing other
"troublesome issues".
May also clarify I have an internal network which include  a IIS server,
exchange and SQL server and all running Win2k.

I have set up appropriate filter for DNS Query, DNS server, Zone transfer,
SMTP filter. I have scoured all the pages on isaserver.org and carefully
followed all advise from moderators on this site. I have also frequent
microsoft.com on ISA and DNS issues.

I experience intermittent problem connecting to the internet and also
external users intermittently connect to my web server. One minute,
someone from outside can do nslookup on my dns server, access my website
or send email to my internal network, next minute no one can connect from
outside.
Same scenario with internal user trying to send email or connect to the
internet.

Another scenario.
Time stamp reported by all activities in my ISA log file shows 4-5 hour
when event just happened. To monitor the report, I deleted the log file.
When I connect to the internet or receive emails,I immediately check the
log file and discover the it reported a time 4-5 hours ahead. The time and
date on my win2k server is properly set though. Can anyone tell me why
this is so?

Since my work entirely depends on setting up these services, I cann't move
on until it is resolved.

Can I also disable socket pooling on port 53 (DNS)?
Netstat -na shows port 53 listening on 0.0.0.0:53.
I have successfully disbaled socket pooling on port 80 and 25 on my DNS
server.
Will these resolved my problems loosing connection and gaining connection
back and forth?

I need all the help I can get.