Please Help!!! Question about Netmeeting, ILS and ISA Server

  • From: "Carlos Mauricio Perez Cortes" <mauriciop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:32:49 -0500

Hello friends,

I'm having problems to enable pass of Netmeeting traffic through ISA Server. My
current scenario is as follows:

We have an ILS server on the Internet (outside ISA Server) to register internal
clients (located behind ISA Server) and external clients (connected directly to
the Internet). Both types of clients are using Netmeeting and are configured to
use our ILS Server. We need to allow communication between internal and
external clients to participate in audio, video and data conferences. We don't
want to change client configuration settings.

*       How can we enable this kind of traffic through ISA Server?
*       Do we need to open special port ranges for Netmeeting and ILS??
*       Do we need to enable H.323 Gatekeeper service ? (Currently we don't
have that service installed)
*       Can we integrate an ILS Server with a Gatekeeper ?

I was checking the following article in  <http://www.isaserver.org>
http://www.isaserver.org: "Tutorial: Basic NetMeeting and ISA Server H.323
Gatekeeper Configuration" from Tom Shinder. This article mentions the following
two scenarios but it doesn't talk about them:

*       PC to PC communications using an ILS Server when one machine is on the
internal network and one on an external network

*       PC to PC communications when both machines are on the same internal
name and connected to an ILS Server

Where can I find information about this scenarios???

I'd be grateful if you can give me your recommendations or send me some
information.

Thanks,

CARLOS MAURICIO PEREZ C.
s:  mauriciop@xxxxxxxxxxxx