Re: Ping not working

  • From: "Rajaie" <rajaie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:38:43 +0200

MessageHi ,
actually after the new threat of welichia , many ISP's started  turrning of
the ICMP on many links , so  the ping and traceroute using firewalls or
accesslist , also they blocked many ports such as 135 , the one used by Blaster
and Welichia ,

so to check wheather it is an ISA problem or not , try to ping something
outside the boundary of your ISP from the router , if you can't this means that
the ICMP is bloked
regards