RE: PIX 515e and ISA 2000 (I know, I know)

I think you should; Remove ISA completely, that is...

Replace everything with PIX - and then join the PIX list, and post there.

Everyone will be happier.

On Mar 7, 2006, at 11:03 PM, cdx47 wrote:

http://www.ISAserver.org

Now Im really tempted to just remove ISA completely (see below). I
currently have ISA running on win2k3 sp1. Should I downgrade to win2k? It
seemed to be a little more stable on that OS.

Again this morning, for no reason DNS stopped responding. I restarted the
DNS service and nothing happened. I checked the ISPs DNS and everything
was fine. I rebooted ISA and everything came back. Im quite frankly fed up
with this. I know 2004 is supposed to be more stable but I cant justify
the extra spend especially as most people still think hardware firewall
equals more secure and Microsoft Firewall equals reboot (in the case of
ISA 2000 I agree).

In that case, please proceed. :)=20

Thomas W Shinder, M.D. Site: www.isaserver.org Blog: http://blogs.isaserver.org/shinder/ Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 MVP -- ISA Firewalls

-----Original Message----- From: Alexandre Gauthier [mailto:gauthiera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20 Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:31 AM To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List] Subject: [isalist] RE: PIX 515e and ISA 2000 (I know, I know)

http://www.ISAserver.org

Well, unless I misread, he asked how to make ISA 2000 and and PIX play =
nice, so it is not entirely irrelevant...