OWA publishing works, but not entirely!

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 01:01:27 -0300

Folks, help me out on this one:

I have an ISA Server as my front-end. Standard bastion host, 2 NIC's, my
internet domain is the same as my internal domain. The ISA server has an
A DNS record for my DC pointing to its internal IP address.

I have my company's web site published with ISA's web publishing. Works
perfectly.

But... 2 weeks ago I tried publishing my OWA that sits in my internal
network, installed on my DC. If I call OWA from the outside world, I can
get inside, but it starts loading all images and controls from my DC's
internal IP on the remote client. Guess it won't work unless I'm on a
VPN =)

Okay, what's the difference between my Web site and OWA. My company's
website is on my DC's IIS using the www.company.com
<http://www.company.com/>  host header name. OWA is on the default web
site, which answers for any IP or any other host that doesn't have a
site assigned to it. The only difference is that in one rule I'm
redirecting the host header name and in another rule I'm not.

Question: when I make the web publishing rule, do I need to enter a
valid address reachable via the Internet? Guess not, because my
company's web site is published the same way. Do I need to modify my
default web site and put a host header name on it? I don't wanna change
this site because I also have my Internal MSN Messenger service running
on it. Or this is an OWA issue? I'm using the OWA publishing wizard, so
I don't think it's a problem with those /exchweb or any other folders.

Any suggestion welcome =)

Tiago de Aviz
SoftSell
(41) 340-2363