Re: OWA Problem/ web publishing with dial-up

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:11:00 +0200

Sorry to disappoint you folks, but "the final test" now revealed a minor
flaw in my testing scenario. It's a shame really :(

It appears that termination of the dial-up connection is dependent on
which service originally used the connectiod. So, if the firewall
service initiates the connection, restarting the webproxy service is ok,
as is the case vice versa. Moreover, restarting the firewall service
does not seem to affect the connection.

So when the connection is initiated with the webproxy (most commonly the
case), the connection gets hung up on a restart.

I already thought of a script that monitors the dial-up connection and
takes care of dialing independently of ISA services, but this would
probably only work with a always-on scenario and doesn't look like good
practise to me.

Jim, could you try to find out if that problem is known and if there is
a way to work around it? I'm inclined to give PSS a call on that matter.

I really do want to see this solved, it has cost me a lot of time that
could have been spent more usefully somewhere else.

Cheers,
Mark