re: OWA !!!! I GIVE UP !!! and I have both Shinder books

I am using explorer 5.0 clients. Authentication is basic.
As I said, it does authenticate because if I type the wrong password then
it asks again. If I type the right password then it goes away, then stays
away for about 3 minutes then comes back with TCP/IP Processing error. I
have followed every instruction I could find (I HAVE BOTH SHINDER BOOKS)
but it still doesn't work.

Questions:
when I use the web wizard, should I call my internal exchange server
companyname.local (which is my our active directory domain name for the
server) or companyname.com which is the external DNS name?

What do I do with DNS? Do I have to add the companyname.com forward zone
as well as the companyname.local zone I already have (DDNS updates using
Active directory integrated zone)?

Regards
desparate