OWA 2000 vs 2004

  • From: "Don McCall" <DMcCall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] \(E-mail\)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:56:48 +1100

Hi Everyone,

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all...

I am eagerly awaiting the ISA 2004 book... ordered just not arrived down under
yet!.. I have had ISA 2000 operating for some 3 years now... mostly good... It
does all that I have asked of it... I have installed the first ISA 2004 and
have managed to find my way through most of it however the one thing that I
seem to have problems with is OWA using http as opposed to https. While SSL is
more secure I do not have the resources or (currently at least) the need for
that level of security. However I have been unable to find a paper on OWA
http... there is a excellent one on using SSL... I have had a go at setting OWA
http up using that paper as a guide however I get the following message:

port 80. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the
same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this
issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the
data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure. The
failure is due to error: 0x8007271d
Now I do use the same IP address for the SMTP connector to the mail server
(Exchange 2003) and that is working. Would there be the possibility that the
ISA 2004 is unable to have two services coming in on the same IP address???? I
have 4 IP addresses associated with the external NIC all other services
including VPN etc are working fine.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Thank you

Don McCall
Infrastructure Manager
Baptist Community Services
O: 02 9023 2602
M: 0403082854
F: 02 9023 2502
Email dmccall@xxxxxxxxxx
This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
and are not necessarily the views of Baptist Community Services. 3