RE: OT: Wireless Access

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:26:27 +1000

I would always put a vpn sever at least in front of the wireless
connection. The problem with wireless is that you still need to
authenticate access for your users, which is where the vpn comes in.
This stops people sniffing the wire (aka thors illness) and being able
to dhcp to the newtork and surf. Then again you could also set the
internal firewall rule(s) to only be available to authenticated users
only.

Greg