RE: OT: Why Friends Don't Let Friends use RBLs

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:47:40 -0500

Hi Anthony,

But you do have false postives with RBLs. You block an entire server or
domain without performing due diligence. Critical mail may come from
that server and you're not even aware that you missed it because it was
blocked "en bloc".

Also, the RBL does nothing to reduce Internet bandwidth usage, because
the mail still arrives on your public link.

Thanks!