RE: OT: Why Friends Don't Let Friends use RBLs

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:11:20 +1000

*snippage*

I love these rants.  Who I accept email from is *my* choice, based on the
lattitude that I have been given in my role.  If your company has sent
unsolicited emails, I don't want 'em.  If your ISP has done it, or a customer
of the ISP's - the ISP needs to be contacted by you and the ISP fix it.  I use
dynamic RBL's, that have a quick turnaround on removal of blocks, so when your
mail system is secure again, then you can talk to me.  Don't fix it, then get
on the phone or fax.

Its *my* mailserver.  Its *my* bandwidth.  Its not free and the spammers /
virus writers aren't paying for the bandwidth they waste.

I just love those that think they have a god given right to send email - which
is not the case.

Anthony.