OT: VMware 5 rocks!

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:55:16 -0500

Hey folks,

I you're not aware of my Virtual machine saga, I was a BIG proponent of
VMware until just a few months ago, when I discovered that virtual PC
has slightly better performance than VMware 4. I upgraded to VMware 5
yesterday and is totally ROCKS. The memory footprint for each VM is
drastically reduced, and I can run 8-10 VMs at the same time on a
machine with only 1 GB of memory and a 2GHz P4. It also has a built-in
.avi recorder, so that you can record all your actions in the VM. They
even have a free tool that allows you to convert your Virtual PC VMs
into VMware 5 VMs. Works great.

If you're using VMware you definitely need to upgrade. If you're using
Virtual PC, give VMware 5 a try.

Finally, look forward to downloadable avi's of the procedures discussed
in all future articles I do over at www.isaserver.org

HTH,

http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls