[isalist] OSPF question

  • From: "Peter Hotchkiss" <peter.hotchkiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:46:11 -0500

We upgraded our network last night and overall it went well.  One issue we
are having is OSPF traffic is not passing between the new Cisco 1800 series
router and 2800 series router.

The 1800 is connected to the Internet connection which is protected by the
ISA server.  The 2800 router is connected to our WAN.  We have the same
setup in 2 offices.  OSPF is needed to allow failover between Internet
connections in the different offices.

Basically the 2 routers are separated by the ISA server.  The 1800 on the
Internet side and the 2800 on the LAN side and I need the ISA to participate
in the OSPF traffic between them.

On ISA I've added OSPF under IP routing and configured both interfaces.
I've added an access rule for OSPF traffic from the 1800 router and the
internal network to the ISA server the internal network and the 1800
router.  I've also defined the OSPF as an IP protocol type with protocol
number 89.

Has anyone successfully set this up and can share any pointers?

--
Thanks
Peter Hotchkiss