[isalist] Re: No proxy,

  • From: "Ruba Al-Omari" <romari@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:38:26 +0300

 My clean access server knows about the ISA and so do my clients, they can
access the internet, but they have to go to the options in IE and write down
the proxy and port then they are connected.
Once my clients are on the green vlan my real DHCP gives their IPs, in which
case I use group policy to direct them to the correct ISA.
I can't allow my real DHCP to assign IPs to these clients as they are not
allowed to access the network till they are clean :)

The magic solution am seeking here is to allow my red vlan users who are
getting their DHCP from the wireless controller which can't have the ISA as
their default GW to reach the internet without having them configuring their
proxies, and since there is no magic solution then I can see now that it
can't be done, I really just thought you guys know something that I don't
(which is the magic solution am seeking), especially you Thor, you are the
hammer of god, you must know something that we all don't, or else how did
you get in such a senior position up there? :)

I know as a man its hard for you to say "I don't know" but I discovered now
that you can't say "it can't be done " too :) because saying "it can't be
done" might implicitly mean that there might be something that you don't
know :)

anyways I guess they will have to live with it, after all configuring a
proxy takes less then a minute.

Thanks,
Ruba