Re: New windows update doesn't work through ISA 2000 SP2

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:16:27 -0700

Auto-updates uses WinHTTP, not WinInet to make web requests.
If you don't have the proper proxy settings there, then it can't get out.

ProxyCfg is the proper way to "educate" WinHTTP when you can't update the code

  Read the help / books / articles!

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:15:15 -0500
 "Jeff Sloan" <jsloan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At work through the ISA, no good.
At home it is just fine.

I am both a firewall client and a secure NAT client.

I have tried clearing both the local and the ISA cache, with no joy.
Some instructions say that I should put the target addresses in the
"don't use proxy for these addresses" list.
I haven't tried it yet, but if the ISA box is my only physical path to
the internet, how could that help or work, if it does?

Anyone else having the same problem?
I couldn't get through to MS tech support on the matter last night.

[Error number: 0x80244021]
Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
page. You may find the following resources helpful in resolving the
For self-help options:
Windows Update Response Center
Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Newsgroups
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
To unsubscribe visit