New to the list and new to ISA - comparison

Hello everybody,

I'm new to ISA but experienced on other firewalls like checkpoint and
stonegate.  While I was trying to get familiar with it I was compelled to
compare ISA with PIX and Checkpoint, as well as other respectable products.
I think most of you had already the chance to do this comparison, so I would
like to ask you to share your opinions.

From my thoughts I could see the following problems with ISA:

1) Need to install client software for some protocol support (including
ICMP);
2) Limited attack detection (especially for an Application Layer Gateway);
3) Performance;
4) It does not run over a customized OS. (Let's get real... Windows is the
worst OS to run security applications...)

I also can see these advantages:

1) Price (VERY CHEAP compared to most firewalls)
2) AD Integration
3) Easy management and installation
4) Supports most HA, Loadsharing, VPN, H.323 and lot's of other "cool
features".

Thank you!

Daniel Accioly Rosa, CISSP
Consultant