Re: New List

  • From: <patricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:25:57 +0100

I think you need to get some commercial reality. If Steve has spent a
lot of his time/expertise/effort in turning isaserver.org and this list
into a success, why shouldn't he reap some benefits.
Perhaps you would prefer this list to become subscription based ?

Personally, when I have a problem, my time is better spent finding a
solution than messing around subscribing/unsubscribing to lists. Besides
I keep a store of all emails from the lists I subscribe to so I have a
ready made knowledgebase.

I agree that the adds could get in the way for a thread consisting of
one or two sentences. Perhaps a way of parsing out these adds so only
one appears in each posting. I am sure weblists would be very interested
in helping with this as it would provide a unique selling point for
their services.

Patrick Scott