RE: New ISA 2004 Server Setup

Aha, suck up gets you everywhere! 


>-----
>Robert Bosch Corporation
>Technical Systems Analyst (RBNA/CSA1)
>Corporate Sales Reporting Systems
>38000 Hills Tech Drive - Farmington Hills, MI 48331 - USA
>phone: 1 (248) 876-1164    fax: 1 (248) 876-6969
>shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://www.bosch.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:30 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: New ISA 2004 Server Setup

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Michael,

Why didn't you say so? :-))

OK, now for some better answers.

If clients are making outbound requests through the Web proxy filter,
then the ISA firewall's IP address will always be seen as the source IP
address. If you don't use the Web proxy filter, and configure a Route
Network Rule between the source and destination networks or hosts, then
you will preserve the source IP address.

Pre-ISA 2004 SP1, the Active Caching option appeared in the GUI, but it
didn't do anything. When you install SP1, you'll see that option is
removed. ISA no longer does active caching, just passive caching. I've
never got an explanation on why it was removed, but *suspect* it was
related to a bug I submitted during beta testing.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael Ross [mailto:mross@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:52 AM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] RE: New ISA 2004 Server Setup
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Thanks.. By the way.. Love your book.. Just bought it yesterday. 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:35 AM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] RE: New ISA 2004 Server Setup
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Sorry,
> 
> 1. No, but maybe but you won't like it.
> 
> 2. Cachedir.exe
> 
> 3. Active Caching is not the same as passive caching.
> 
> Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
> Site: www.isaserver.org
> Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
> Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
> MVP -- ISA Firewalls
> 
>  
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Michael Ross [mailto:mross@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:28 AM
> > To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> > Subject: [isalist] New ISA 2004 Server Setup
> > 
> > http://www.ISAserver.org
> > 
> > 
> > Ok I got my ISA working, but my content filter.. Which is 
> 'past' the 
> > ISA box doesn't show my client IP hitting it.. Only my ISA 
> box's IP.. 
> > Is there a setting to forward on my client's IP as it goes thru the 
> > ISA box?
> > 
> > also, how can i confirm that it's actively caching webpages that I 
> > visit?
> > 
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> > ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> > http://www.techgenix.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org 
> Discussion List as:
> 
> > tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit 
> > http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > 
> > 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> mross@xxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion 
> List as: tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 

------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
------------------------------------------------------
Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
http://www.techgenix.com
------------------------------------------------------
You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe visit http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx




Other related posts: