RE: Need help with a small problem

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:12:57 -0800

Fair enough, Ara... Your attitude is the best, of course, but it's just that when you see ISA2004 being used in that manner, and only that manner, it is quite suspect given the free alternatives to simple proxy and cache solutions...

On Feb 17, 2006, at 9:28 PM, Ara Avvali wrote:

http://www.ISAserver.org

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. Thor,

I am running it as both firewall and cache and very happy with what it has done in last 15 month with surf control as an add-on to it. Much less problems from inside (!) compared to old times. If I wanted a cache only, there are pretty much handful of free alternatives not wasting corporate fund. (They don't give money easy anyway, so you are very careful on purchases)

My point was that anyone who has it as cache only due to lack of knowledge or any other possible technical reason should not be called a pirate.

Peace!