NORTON SEVER

  • From: "Scheele, Brian" <bscheele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:36:26 -0400

Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition does not exactly like dealing with
Proxy servers.  This is what their tech support had me do, and it works
fine:

Whatever server(s) you have using LiveUpdate should use the Task
Scheduler to run this:

"C:\Program Files\SAV\VPDN_LU.exe" /s

The /s runs the LiveUpdate silently.  You should first run LiveUpdate
manually and have it run in Express Mode (if 7.6 supports that).  You
can run that every 30 minutes or however often you want to run it.

When using the Virus Definitions Manager to schedule updates instead of
VPDN_LU.exe, you cannot use a proxy server very successfully.

The current version is 9.0.  You should probably consider upgrading.

Thanks,

Brian Scheele
Systems Administrator
Clark Filter