Re: NMDP via port 10000

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:36:09 -0800

HI Elizabeth,
I had to read up on NMDP! Forgot that it was for performing backups.
you can find a listing here:
Under section 2.11.2. Connection you'll find some discussion about
port 10000. This is typicaly a port used by some trojans to enter into
a system.
However, If you create a protocol rule for port 10000 and specifically make
client address sets for each machine I think you should be able to use this.
Someone on this list will also have some additional ideas.