Linksys in front of ISA...

  • From: Marvin Cummings <MarvinC@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ISA Admin <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:47:28 -0400

Double-post.
Need some help getting ISA to work on a DSL connection. The only way I
seem to be able to get to the Internet is if I put my linksys in front
of the ISA server and configure the external NIC to use the IP of the
linksys as its gateway. I also had to provide it with a static
internal IP. I'm thinking this will come back to haunt me once I begin
publishing servers and services. I've read the articles on configuring
DSL, the network interfaces, and ISA to support PPOE and have tried
everything with no success. If I don't use the linksys I'm not able to
access the Internet on any of my secureNAT clients.
I seem to recall there being some talk on this subject and wonder if
anyone can advise on the pros and cons of this type of setup, one that
uses a linksys in front of the firewall. I'm thinking I'd be better of
going with a hardware solutions or a linux firewall solution.
Any responses are appreciated.

TIA