Re: Limited AD Integration

  • From: "Skeeve Stevens" <skeeve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:00:34 +1000

2nd one means a huge cost blowout if you want them centrally managed...
i.e. you will need Enterprise.

Company I am with doesn't really believe in failover... we just back
things up... yes I know that sucks, but they are cheap asses... which is
why we didn't go Firewall-1 ;-)

The number of clients will be about 400... but with low usage.  As long
as I can still set up the security using NT/AD groups, then the
standalone will be fine.

As for hardware... what are we talking about?

I was looking at a rack mounted Compaq DL?? with a 1G PIII and either
512MB of Ram, or more if needed... also probably about 36G of disk.

With the stateful inspection, I have heard you need more Ram the more
effective you want that to be... is that true?

PS... Thanx Jim for your help...