Latency

I recently installed ISA between my router and office network.  I have
most everything working as I need it thanks to this helpful site.  I know
hav a latency problem when I access my router or DMZ.  For example, when I
telnet from my workstation through ISA to the router it takes 25 seconds
to get a login prompt.  I have similar problem when I access computers on
my DMZ with PCAnywhere, or public FTP sites.  When I access a public
website like this one there is no noticeable delay.  IMAP, POP3, SMTP all
work fine too.  Any tips?

office network -- ISA server -- switch -- router --- Internet

                                 other computers